Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays have historically been quiet times for the University of M.U.S.C.L.E. I thought it might be interesting to post some links to various auctions, older posts, message board threads, and anything else that might be interesting to M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors.
If the University of M.U.S.C.L.E. has been constructed in the style of a college or university, then these weekly posts should be thought of as the thing on campus covered with posters, stickers, and announcements.
– What do the Library of Congress and UofM have in common? Not much, but a little about cleaning collections.
– Terri-Bull: Then and Now (@ dorkdimension.com)
– It’s probably this trucks fault we didn’t get the M.U.S.C.L.E. HiWay Hauler.
– The right price for a custom HiWay Hauler!
– Sure $1,990 seems high, but I’m sure they throw in the shipping…
– WHAT?!?! I understand paying for convenience, but this is just dumb.
– Maybe this was listed on opposite day?
– Anyone looking to overpay for a Satan Cross?
– Really good auction – plus it has that awesome Terri-Bull knock-off figure!
– Shipping is high, but not too bad for a 1 cent Kinnikuman bank.
– Given all the #153 madness, I’m shocked to see the BIN unused. (Happy, but still shocked.)
– I don’t know Exogini. Could someone tell me why this auction is so high?
– Single #153 auction – always interesting to watch.
– What an asshole.
– Great first picture, but terrible price.
– Has anybody mentioned this “Super Rare” yet?
– If you are missing the “weapon,” then you better jump on this auction!
– Purple board game figures for $5.
– This doesn’t seem like a deal “while u whait 4 the flesh one.” Wouldn’t a basic custom SC run $15 or less these days?
– Again, why pay that much? A new custom would probably cost half as much.
– Be sure to add a 100% original 4-inch ‘deka’ Claw from Eric Nilla to your collection!
– There’s still a few more amazing days of Keshi Madness from Halfbad Toyz!
– Be sure you save a little money for Namu Niku’s upcoming figures!
– It’s too bad most people wouldn’t get this t-shirt – otherwise I would buy the shit out of it.
– Did anyone buy this Batman mask? Does it hold up against the Spiderman, Thor, etc. masks in stores now?
– Are the days of insanely huge Super Soakers over?
– It sucks that it’s not Blu-Ray, but it’s an amazing deal on all 4 seasons of Mr. Show (which if you haven’t seen is criminal).
– The types of articles are going to be non-stop for awhile, right?.
– This actually made me think of many irrational LRG arguments.
– I can’t help it, I like these kinds of stories.
– I like them all, but the Red and White NES is my favorite.
– For Lil’ Veers…
This week’s Epilogue gets a little extra commentary. I was wondering if Transformers was going to do well over the Fourth of July weekend (it did). Not because I saw the movie, or have any interest in seeing it, but because collectors of smaller toy lines (e.g., M.U.S.C.L.E.) often justify the inexplicably high prices of figures by comparing them to something like this. It absolutely mystifies me how anyone can compare any small toy line to a brand like Transformers – which is a global sensation, selling toys (almost non-stop) across the globe for over 25 years, spawning countless cartoons, and three global box office successes.
The common retort is often, “It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay!” or something along those lines. Just because one or two people think eating a piece of shit covered in burnt hair is a good idea – doesn’t actually make it a good idea.
The shit-eaters shouldn’t be surprised when people try and talk them out of it. Of course, the people talking them out of their burnt-hair-shit-sandwich shouldn’t be surprised when their cries fall on deaf ears either.
Maybe the SPAMBot will make me feel better:
Hello sorry, i want eat…
That didn’t make me feel better, only confused. Perhaps the second SPAMBot will help:
On the first sentence it looks like it was correct but if you look closely there is no point of this.
I should stop looking to SPAMBots for self-assurance.
This is the only video to ever make me interested in women’s sports, soccer, and unknown jazz: