I was hoping to skip it. Honestly. But here’s your Asshole of the Week. If I’m selling a “M.U.S.C.L.E. display ring for your 80’s figures” why would anyone want to see it?
– Arrested Development. Until I watch it, this feels like a cruel joke.
– Cyberdyne Systems shirt. Cool.
– Odd little set. I wish I could see the figures better.
– Major outbreak of BFD (Black Foot Disease). But I like the cut-up #174.
– I can’t see these 72 Flesh figures and a ring getting one more bid.
– Two Flesh #153 figures. I remember a time when this would have just been called a lot of dirty figures.
– I assume the GPK figure is moving this lot. Right?
– Not great for collectors, but a kick-ass bathtub toy lot.
– Cool, but when would I ever use it?
– Normally I hate the “pile” picture, but with this auction he should have stuck with only that picture.
– If you think the authentic M.U.S.C.L.E. figures are the best part of this lot, you’re wrong.
– And you’re wrong.
– Normally 126 Color figures triggers even a tiny amount of interest from me. Why not this time? I really don’t know. The picture?
– I know it’s over, but those are some weird Kinnikuman figures.
– I decide what is fun. This is not.
– If you were selling a M.U.S.C.L.E. poster, I bet your opening bid wouldn’t be this.
– Not the greatest lot ever, but I do love a $0.99 opening bid!
– The Flesh and Color 4-Packs are the best parts of this odd mix of stuff.
– Last week this guy’s Satan Cross sold for $29, this week he has one with a $33.33 opening bid and a $69.99 BIN. The human brain is an interesting little thing.
– $0.26 per figure for 38 Flesh figures. Not too bad.
– The only place this $50 price tag isn’t crazy – Steve’s Place.
– Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie.
– Hello Halloween costume.
– Hello wife’s Halloween costume. Maybe the family will be DC themed this year?
Auction Watch #109’s homepage thumbnail came from this website. I guess it’s a mall in Japan. But being unable to read Japanese as I clicked through the website I felt like it was a website devoted to people kidnapping kids at malls and making them take group pictures in a white closet. Click through the website and I dare you not to come to the same conclusion.
Pretty big week. The Tommy Tanker announcement, then the Dr. M.U.S.C.L.E. teaser, and even something about landing on Mars. I have to admit, I didn’t watch live footage or scream with excitement – but it’s still pretty awesome. I think it is my deep admiration for this accomplishment that made these things so god damn funny to me. My kids heard me laughing and wanted to know what was so funny. Describing the Mars landing memes to a 5 and a 2 year old is tough.
All of these were discovered on The Chive.
If you think you’re having a bad day. Or you’re angry at your kids. Or you think that your life is so terrible. Watch the Video of the Week.
I lose faith in people almost every day. This helps to restore it.