If you’ve been waiting to order until they were in-stock, then wait no longer!
I love these kinds of charts. Whenever I see one that I really like I can’t help but think about M.U.S.C.L.E. and specifically M.U.S.C.L.E. prices. Take from that what you will.
During the holidays me and the boys read a TON of Dr. Seuss. Every time I go to write (either at work or for the site) I find myself slipping into Dr. Seuss rhythms and rhymes. I never thought Farfoodle would become such a fixture in my lexicon.
Having said that, if you’ve never seen this Dr. Seuss book then I encourage you to buy it. I find it informative regarding Seuss’ early works, WWII, and the feeling of American people during WWII. Riveting can be overused, but I truly feel this is a riveting book. Best of all, it really stands-ups to being read again and again (as long as you force yourself to keep learning).
– Didn’t we just see this Purple #153 auction? And the “last auction bidder backed out.” It will still go for a lot, but something smells fishy.
– This guy, just from being in Canada, should have something for me – but he doesn’t. Anything for you?
– 107 figures, but only one I want.
– Nice size lot of over 280 figures, but dumb ass auction description.
– 90 figures, but not one #208 figure.
– I just see custom fodder with a lot like this.
– Dear Seller, are you high? Signed, Everyone.
– They’re really more Dummy of the Week.
– This is a perfect example of Asshole of the Week.
– “Very nice RARE ones figures”
– 278 figures. Ignore the “replica” poster.
– This is what it looks like when you think you have something great.
– The re-sale custom market can be tough. Can’t you just go right to Alec?
– I once thought poster tubes were special. No longer.
There were probably a few more cool auctions, but I couldn’t stomach one more over-priced single figure auction. I couldn’t do it. So a huge fuck you to everyone clogging up eBay with terrible single figure M.U.S.C.L.E. auctions. You’re shit.
And spare me the pity party of, “But what about the people that…” No more. If you care enough to collect, then you care enough to look past eBay. Period.
If I haven’t said it, then I certainly feel it. I am drowning beneath a tidal wave of stunning M.U.S.C.L.E. inspired mini-figures. The hardest part is keeping up with everything that seems to be popping up. Being able to walk into a store and have this kind of selection would be a dream come true.
I’ve reviewed many of these artists before, and their work just continues to amaze. I would kill to be able to personally visit this. I would also be willing to maim if someone is able to help me secure these figures!
Also be sure that you pick-up your Hell Turtle before its too late. Not only is the figure awesome, but I am interested to see how their news sales approach works. Its uniqueness is what intrigues me the most. On “paper” it seems to find a healthy balance between accessibility, collectibility, extras, and fun without tons of hurdles or frustration.
The other day I also mentioned that I had some concerns about being able objective as the site evolves. With all the amazing art we are seeing, there has to come a time when something falls flat for me. Something like this is what I’m trying to figure out.
I can appreciate what looks like good technique and effort, but why does this feel like a head-swap? But at the same time I thought the He-Man M.U.S.C.L.E. figures were wildly fun? Could it be the acronym name is simply wearing out its welcome with me? I’m not sure, and I hate to pass judgment on figures I don’t have in my hand. That’s never fair. Maybe it will come down to being able to masterfully separating technical appreciation and subjective opinion? I don’t even know if I can do that, but this will be part of the evolution…I hope.
Did you guys see this?
Someone was suggesting that a young Christopher Walken looks like Scarlett Johanson. Ok, I can see it – but that doesn’t make her any less hot. Not by a long shot.
All it tells me, is that I might have fallen for a young Christopher Walken tranny with huge boobs. Try and Google a bad picture of her. Try it! You’ll come to the same conclusion too!