If you love this site, then please save it – and buy a set! (But just in case you hate this site buy a set and make it go away forever!
– I love this write-up. Replace tuna with M.U.S.C.L.E. and enjoy.
– Another reason Mattel should make WWE M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.
– Save your money…for now. Moving has caused a discovery.
– If you found this site, then you’ve probably found Imperfecz – but check out the new, and totally awesome, Junkbot.
– I don’t like these, but I dislike them the least in this color.
– I think it’s a high price, but I can see someone spending $35.
– In case you didn’t pick these up on clearance for $2, here’s a chance to pay way more.
– “How should I photograph these?” (snap) “I guess that’s perfection.”
– I was going to say something nice, but your Reserve Price pissed me off.
– I’m not paying $80, but I’d love a $10 custom. (Hint, hint.)
– Is it the picture or is something up with that can?
– At $10.50 as of typing this – twice my Auction Watch prediction price.
– Turns out my boys liked G2 figures. Sorry boys, I can’t swallow this price for G2.
– This auction makes the other one look like a steal.
– $25 for a working ring and figures. Good deal.
– $25 for a belt and figures. Fuck that.
– Seemed like an awesome $0.99 lot at first, but $13 for shipping. C’mon.
– I hate single figure auctions and the price of this figure. However, I now plan to display my #107’s like this. It makes me laugh.
– I’d buy this lot for that centaur figure alone. It’s begging to become an amazing custom!
– 128 figures.
– Dear Red #92, please stop pretending to be Red #68.
– I keep seeing lots, but no #208.
– $100 for this lot. Days later I’m still shocked.
– Finally a #208…but it’s a Dark Blue.
– Did Jimmy give his camera to this guy?
– I think this one seller has ruined the magic of the shipping tube for me.
– What makes this guy land on $249.99?
– That feels like a ransom note, not an auction picture.
– MUSCLEMANIA 4-pack lots: one, two, three, four, five, six, and seven.
There was a time where I would have bought all of these without a second thought. These packs had shown up so infrequently that I actually felt a responsibility to “save” them. I look back and that feels so absurd on two fronts. First, who the fuck did I think I was? Why should it be up to me? And, ultimately far more important, why did I feel that way? Why did I feel such a connection to those toys? I look back and those thoughts feel like they belong to a stranger.
And second, those MUSCLEMANIA 4-packs seemed to have miraculously spawned – shifting from scarce jewel to complete over population. I bet every person that had even a passing interest in MUSCLEMANIA could have three 4-packs if we distributed all of the 4-packs evenly.
As strangely disappointed I am in the proliferation of the MUSCLEMANIA 4-packs I haven’t lost any interest in the line. The Select figures are such a strange little anomaly. It’s a surprise to me that more people aren’t charmed by these figures.
Ok, I admit it. When I login to my Yahoo email I feel like a bit of a dinosaur. I have a Gmail account for this website and Gmail is 2000 times better…but…I like posts like this. And even ones I like this much are far and few between. But what can I say?
That list had such a crazy pang of nostalgia for me. It was literally a list of college groceries for me. I distinctly remember buying a Snapple Element drink (Voltage, of course) and a 3D Doritos before classes. But the real mind binder, can be seen to the right. My grandparents were the only people in the world that I knew that bought these things.
The image to the right is an image that jogged a bunch of memories that had otherwise disappeared. It was such a simple and wonderful moment. I’m not even embarrassed to admit it. (Hell, last week I said I might have fallen for a young Christopher Walken tranny with huge boobs.)
I think I’ve referenced the Suicide Machines before in the Epilogue. If not, all you really need to know is they were a Detroit band that I love. I literally stumbled across this video the other day. It’s the newest project from the former lead singer of the Suicide Machines. And hearing it was the most excited I’ve been about music in a long time. I also bought their 7-inch EP (it comes with a digital download too).
I don’t need the record, but you’ve always got to support art that moves you.
PS – All the exterior footage is current and old images of Detroit. And many of the places you see are places I go and used to go to. I thought it was a great video.
I had also promised more ladies in 2013. I want to be a man of my word.
Honor, or something. Right?
Anyways, this is the image that stuck in my brain this week. (I think it was on last week, but I was behind on my DVR, sorry.)