The part that cracked me up is underlined in red.
I love the idea that this seller used the site to track down some information. I imagine he was probably thinking something like, “Holy shit. Some dummy has information about these stupid Future Strength figures.”
He then read part of the first paragraph, copied the first three paragraphs, and then pasted it into his auction. I don’t think many buyers are going to care about Future Strength’s exclusion from Anthropology. It’s a very small thing, but I like when small things can make me smile.Last week I threw together a last minute contest. There were ten entries, which I think is pretty good when I didn’t know what I would provide to the winner.
John McKinnon was the winner of the contest. His guess of $575.06 was the closest at $60.06 away from the final price. However, John was also the buyer in the Purple #153 auction that went sideways. Regardless of where you place the fault, it feels wrong to reward that situation – and I have always liked John, which makes things even worse for me.
Ultimately I’ve decided that Biffard is the winner with his $605 guess. Sorry John. Sorry if people don’t like it.
It’s my contest and I’ve got to do what feels right to me. I hope everyone understands.
– Class A Green #42. I wonder where the reserve price is set.
– If you can’t wait for my write-up next week, then buy this amazing MUSCLEMANIA bootleg.
– Lot of 25 starting at $2.99.
– Is that a blue or black Akumoko?
– I don’t think he knows he has a FLAF.
– $80 on any M.U.S.C.L.E. seems silly to me. This seems insane.
– I like the counterfeit figures. Not terrible at $0.29 per figure.
– 4-pack for $0.99.
– 4-pack for $8.99.
– Two 15 figure lots starting at $0.99: one and two.
– Can you really call one figure a “lot?” At least it’s only $0.01.
– Oof. $0.62 per figure and they look kind of dirty and stained.
– I’ve never seen that before.
– This doesn’t seem like the best way to sell these things.
– I don’t love the price, but I do love this belt and its great box.
– 15 Flesh figures starting at $0.99.
– Philly. You’re better than clogging eBay.
So long and thanks for everything! I think I have to walk away from M.U.S.C.L.E. toys. I’ve seen a $5 Purple #208 for sale on eBay.
Even at $2.99, I’ve got to go.