Even worse – I tried to be cute about it.
I have no idea what was going on with work at the time. I can’t remember the project, or the client, or anything. It’s funny how some of those dramatic “now’s” become unmemorable “then’s.” It made me curious what this week had looked like over the last few years. Was it filled with memorable or forgettable moments?
- 2009 – Welcome to UofM, Literature 300, Art 200, and AW #1
- I remember being very excited, but looking back – I didn’t know shit. I didn’t realize that the “posts” were as important as the “pages.” I was thinking of the site as very static at that point. I was also thinking it would be easy to take the pictures for the figure guide. It was not. I didn’t know what I didn’t know at that point.
- 2010 – 233 Counterfeit Collection – Update, Poll Testing, Mystery Green #197, and Sociology 200 #4.
- I was starting to understand how to use the site. I remember being disappointed that more people weren’t curious/excited about the Mysterious Green #197 figure (that turned out to be the FLAF Knight Moves). But it was also becoming clear that my love of minutia wasn’t always going to equal collector excitement.
- 2011 – Yama-Bito 10-Pack, UofM has OMFG, MUSCLE MASK MASK MUSCLE, AW #70, and an Epilogue.
- I really felt good about the site at this time. I was super excited to be selling an exclusive OMFG set, which would soon become a nightmare. I think this is when I started to lose focus. I started to imagine the site becoming bigger than could ever make sense. AW #70 is wonderful evidence of this hubris. I thought about adding an auction feature to the site. It didn’t work well. I had planned to sell the #60 as a test auction. It didn’t work, so I sold it on eBay. That should have taken much more wind out of my sails.
- Nothing, that’s why we’re here.
- 2013 – Dr. M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, Puripuriman, and an Epilogue
- This makes me a little bit sad. I love the Dr. M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, but I’m so soured from selling figures that I have very little interest in getting him cast.
- 2014 – AW #156, #202, Epilogue, and MMMM #40.
- This feels very recent. When I look at these posts I feel like I’m looking at the current site.
- This is a dark period. There is nothing and nothing I want to share. It was August when things started rolling again. The site came very close to ending in 2015.
- Again, the site almost dies. I don’t feel like sharing. Maybe in five years?
This look back was a little more painful than I had planned. Too much memorable and not enough forgettable. Damn memories are weird.
I was going to feel bad, but I don’t. This week, in 2017, has been great; baseball, camping, and things just going well.
Entire series taken from finninthejakesuit without permission.