It is absolutely unbelievable that LRG, or some form of it, has been around for 10 years. A lot of credit for modern M.U.S.C.L.E. collecting goes to the early email groups and websites, but Jon Karis and the members of LRG were certainly the catalysts for just about everything positive in M.U.S.C.L.E. collecting. Before Facebook, MySpace, and any other social network LRG allowed M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors to connect like never before.
But with the rise of sites like Facebook and Twitter message boards almost serve as a secondary communication vehicle – a digital format that may be closer to its end, rather than its beginning. It is a testament to the positive environment Jon has been able to establish that people continue to join and utilize it as a resource.
I have been a member of LRG for almost the entire 10-year span. When I joined I would have never expected to make actual friends. Thank you to Jon and everyone else that has contributed to LRG being the best message board ever.
And a big fuck you to anyone that actively did the opposite.
– This price offends me because the only figure more common is #208 Flesh.
– For some reason my kid wants a Ninja Turtle birthday party. I will be wearing this.
– Or this one.
– I’ll suggest this one for my wife…because she likes Michelangelo.
– 104 Flesh figures with a $20 opening bid.
– Are these kinkeshi or bootlegs?
– $129.99 as an opening bid for this lot is amazingly unappealing.
– Read the auction description for the worst bad picture excuse ever.
– Dear Hasbro, please put more than 1 in every 12th box. It can’t be scalpers, right?
– If I said, “9 empty M.U.S.C.L.E. cans.” What would you guess as the price?
– Pretty nice lot of 95 figures. I liked the Warped #104 best.
– 23 Color figures starting at $0.99.
– I could never spend $45 on this MIB item. Never.
– Fair lot of over 40 Color figures.
– This is a tricky lot. The value you put on the ring makes it either a steal or a total rip-off.
– 25 figures at $0.56 per figure, with shipping, right now. Good?
– The only good part about this auction – helping the above auction seem like a deal.
– Not quite the Canadian M.U.S.C.L.E. auction I was hoping for.
– There is no way this Bat-Signal is as cool as I want it to be.
I don’t know hoe many of you watched, or tried, last week’s Video of the Week but if you have kids you must try it. Not only will they scarf it down, but they will look at you like some amazing food magician. As an added bonus, it tastes better too.
This week’s video isn’t as informative, but it’s far more entertaining. I tend to be pretty cynical, but it was nearly impossible not to smile. I also found impossible not to think, “What would my own conversation with my 1992 self sound like?”