This visit to Portland I was able to get to Powell’s Books. I had heard I had to visit it, but a book store never seemed worth the trip. Wow. I was wrong. The store is not only amazing, but it takes up an entire city block.
I was blown away. I don’t think this store could survive in most other cities – which I see as a great credit to the city of Portland.
Having said that, Time Traveler’s has the all-time worst customer service. I’ve never had a positive experience there. It was just too big – I was forced to keep going back, especially pre-internet.
We are now living in the internet world. Let’s take a look at what eBay is providing M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors this week.
– From Canada but, sadly, no Class A figures.
– Also Class A-less from Canada. But are they really, “190 M.u.s.c.l.e figures no knock offs.”
– What would you pay for this?
– Speaking of prices, is this correct Kinnikumn experts?
– This is a déjà vu lot for me.
– “Note: genuine 80’s / Hard to Find!”
– I don’t think the people that like these figures will bite on a $20 opening bid.
– I guess this is a good lot.
– What do you think is a fair price for this?
– The seller will likely be pleasantly surprised.
– Fact. I’ve never bought a M.U.S.C.L.E. lot from Puerto Rico.
– I need to remember this for next week.
– Next week is taking shape very quickly.
– This one isn’t shitty enough to make the tournament. (Maybe make it, but not win it.)
– Will this go much higher?
– SIX SOLD?!?!?! Well, fuck me.
– This might be the scariest result that has shown up in my searches.
– What. The. Fuck.
– “I don’t think this will be listed for very long.” I think they are thinking in the indefinite time sense.
We’ve had three previous weeks of our Fatal-Four Way AOTW tournament. The three past winners are shown above. These three winners will face-off against the winner of this week’s battle. It will be a battle of the champions.
Let’s take a quick look at each combatant. The AOTW #1 was selected because he has a BIN of $150 ($2.17 per figure) for some beat-up, dirty figures. The AOTW #2 was selected, most importantly, for claiming, “Never opened M.U.S.C.L.E Mighty Maulers Set #3 never opened set.” Are you fucking kidding me? Not only has it clearly been opened, the 28-pack is in shockingly terrible condition with a $65 opening bid.
The AOTW #3 is a Flesh lot of figures with a $39.99 BIN ($8 per figure). They aren’t even in mint condition. Finally, the AOTW #4 has a Red #153 with a $99.99 BIN ($99.99 per figure). Not only is the price too high, there are several Red #153 figures with lower prices currently on eBay.
Remember to cast your vote and crown this week’s AOTW. Here are the four combatants:
Here is your weekly installment of “Damn the torpedoes!”
Sadly, as I’m writing this, the second racer does not have the Salmon #167 listed.
THAT would be crazy.