In addition to the color-changing #60, Wolf created four additional figures to be given away:
– The first is a translucent Red version of the very popular #162 “announcer” figure.
– The second is a Glow-In-The-Dark figure based on the Super Rare Chain Man figure.
– The third figure is a translucent tie-dyed-like #15 figure.
– The fourth figure is also the popular #15 figure. However, this figure has an incredibly interesting characteristic – it is a “mood M.U.S.C.L.E.” Like the popular mood rings of the mid-70’s, and many peoples’ childhoods, this figure reacts to a person’s touch.
It should be noted that all of these figures are for collectors only, and not intended as playthings for children.
So how do you win these figures?
Because this is easily the biggest and best giveaway to date, the hurdles are a little greater this time – but still give everybody a chance at winning!
Here are the requirements:
1. Email your answers to the Givewaway Questionnaire (seen below) to the University of M.U.S.C.L.E..
2. Post two hyperlinks, in the Comments section below, to what you believe are currently the best and worst examples of M.U.S.C.L.E. auctions on eBay.
3. Share a brief explanation, again in the Comments section below, as to why each hyperlink is the best and worst example of M.U.S.C.L.E. auctions on eBay.
Collectors have until February 4th (8:00 AM, EST) to submit their answers and hyperlinks. The winner will be chosen randomly from all of the entries that correctly answer the questions and fulfill the other requirements.
If all of the above requirements are met, participants can help to increase their odds of winning, through two additional options:
1. Post a link to this contest on your Facebook page saying, “Look at the figures I’m trying to win!”
3. Retweet the uofmuscle Figure Giveaway #5 contest announcement.
I don’t imagine anyone going overly crazy with entries, but let’s limit the number of times you can do each of the these to one time over the span of 24 hours. If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the University of M.U.S.C.L.E..
Givewaway QuestionnaireQuestions 1-5: Click on the thumbnail to the right. There are five patterned boxes and each one has been assigned a number. Assign each numbered box to either the A group or the B group. If the numbered box does not belong to either the A or B group, then assign it to the C group.
Question 6: What current toy executive is thought to have played a major role in Mattel’s original release of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures?
Question 7: What modern M.U.S.C.L.E. archivist discovered a Red #2 when he dug out his childhood collection of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures?
Question 8: What is the brand name of the counterfeit M.U.S.C.L.E. figures that were found in September 2009?
Question 9: What is the source of the “Favorite Quotations” quote from the “Terri Bull” Facebook account?
Question 10: How much money did the UofM Toys for Tots drive raise in 2010?
Please remember, the ultimate goal of the M.U.S.C.L.E. Figure Giveaway is to have fun.